Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to the most common questions we receive.
Don’t see the answer? Please get in touch below using the form below.
- Estimated cost is $1,500,000
- Design for a regulation 6 lane track with flat profile
- Includes engineering fees and industry standard contingency fund
- Price does not include GST as project is being built by a CRA Registered Charity
- Estimate done on November 2nd, 2020, by Koers and Associates Engineering
- The annual cost of maintenance and operation will be the same or less than existing maintenance
- Grounds maintained by School District 69 (Qualicum)
Community support has been received from:
- City of Parksville
- School District 69
- Regional District of Nanaimo
- Town of Qualicum Beach
- Electoral Areas G and H
- Parksville-Qualicum Beach Community Foundation
- Lions Club
- Mosaic Forest Management
- Public donations
- Business donations
An accessibility ramp is included in the budget.
- Silent auction
- Community Love Run
- WestJet Raffle
- Bottle Drives
- No added lighting is budgeted at this time
- There is existing parking at Ballenas Secondary and PASS/Woodwinds facilities
Public washrooms have not been budgeted at this time.